Who We Are
National Charity League, Inc. has seen impressive growth in north Texas, boasting twenty-five Chapters in the DFW metroplex! Founded in 2012, the Sunflower Chapter of McKinney and Prosper is named for the strong and cheerful sunflower, which grows abundantly in our area. Therefore, the strength, beauty and sunny personality of this flower is a fitting symbol for our members to model.
Our membership is comprised of girls in grades seven through twelve living in the McKinney and Prosper area, and their mothers. We support the Collin County area with volunteer opportunities throughout the county, with a strong focus on McKinney and Prosper.
What We Believe
The girls in our Chapter participate in a six-year program, designed to take them through an age-appropriate experience focusing on community service, leadership development and cultural experiences. This framework is based on the following concepts:
- Honoring the mother-daughter bond by learning, growing and modeling responsibility and graciousness.
- Empowering women with the skills and confidence to lead.
- Nurturing through mentorship.
- Inspiring a legacy of social awareness and compassion.
- Providing depth of support in local communities.
- Integrity and excellence in everything we do.
What We Do
The Sunflower Chapter is truly impacting the lives of its members and the surrounding community.
- 16,964 total chapter-wide volunteer hours since founded in 2012.
- Most volunteer hours are worked as a mother-daughter team.
- Member and chapter nominations for the Volunteer Group Award by Volunteer McKinney.
- Nationwide, NCL, Inc. members volunteered over 1.4 million hours last year.
Who We Support
The Sunflower Chapter Members volunteer for approximately twenty local philanthropies, serving as a valuable resource for the area. The volunteer work includes a wide range of experiences, from tutoring foster children, assisting the elderly or working with community members with special needs. As a result, our members get out and learn about the community around them!